» Life as a Stay-At-Home-Dad of Triplets

Masthead header

Has it been a week already?

Wow, has it really been a week since I posted last? Time flies… It has been pretty busy around here. Our triple stroller broke while my mom was taking the kids for a walk. Luckily she was still able to push it home, but I’m afraid repairing it is beyond my abilities. So I’ll have to look elsewhere for that one to be repaired or replaced. Our washing machine also broke. That one I was able to repair with some help from They are located in Michigan, so the parts only took a day to get here by standard ground shipping, and they cost less than $50!! So we avoided a costly repair bill on that one.

Oh yeah, and there was Mother’s Day in there somewhere. G took the kids down to her parents on Saturday morning. They spent the day looking for peapods for the kids to sleep in since G forgot ours at home. And they took in a few of Uncle George’s sporting events (Uncle George is 13 and is playing soccer, baseball and running track). So that was a busy day. I missed all of the fun because I was photographing a wedding. So Sunday morning I headed down to meet up with G and the kids and we all headed to my parents after the kids’ nap. Sometime around the kids’ bedtime we headed back home, and that was Mother’s Day.

Which brings us to yesterday. Yesterday had a rough beginning. While eating French Toast Stix, J decided that something upset her and started to cry. Crying and eating don’t mix well, and she started to choke on a piece of the French Toast Stix. I leaned her forward and slapped her on the back, which usually works in this situation, but not this time. After I realized that this was a little more serious than the normal, run-of-the-mill, something stuck in the throat incident, I yanked the tray off of the high chair, yanked the child out of it (I don’t remember unbuckling the straps) sat down, laid her across my lap and smacked the back, just the way they tell you to when an infant is choking. And wouldn’t ya know, it worked. The offending piece of processed French Toast hit the floor with a SMACK. And then the crying ensued. But I was okay with that. Better than having to call 911.

After that it was a pretty normal day. Here’s some video taken with our new Flip MinoHD camcorder to prove it. This thing is so stinkin small but puts out some great video. Enjoy